roles & responsibilities
All Directors of the Board have the following duties:
1. Be loyal to THUNDERCON, always exercising Board powers in the interest of THUNDERCON, and not for the interest of the individual Director or others.
2. Be informed about THUNDERCON’s Mission and Vision, Strategic and Operating plans, policies, and programs. Work with the rest of the Board to review, approve and oversee THUNDERCON’s Mission, and review performance in achieving it. Be an avid proponent of the Mission, and inform others about THUNDERCON, its Mission, Vision, and programs.
3. Ensure legal and ethical integrity, and maintain accountability and transparency to members, sponsors, partners, other constituents, and the general public.
4. Prepare for, attend, and participate actively in Board and Committee meetings, and special events. Serve on Committees and undertake special assignments willingly and enthusiastically when asked. Provide candid and constructive advice, comments and criticism. Ask timely and substantive questions at Board and Committee meetings consistent with conscience and conviction, while supporting the majority decision on issues decided by the Board.
5. Individual, dues-paying, membership in THUNDERCON by a Board member is required.
6. Participate in the generation and approval of policies focusing on mission, finances, and income. Ensure that programs are consistent with the Mission.
7. Suggest possible nominees for volunteer and Board positions, who can make significant contributions to the work of the organization.
8. Keep up to date on developments in and affecting the nonprofit sector.
9. Provide moral and professional support, and be available as resources, to other Board members and volunteers.
10. Maintain confidentiality of the Board’s executive actions.
Role Specific Job Descriptions can be found here:
3. Keeper of the Seal
4. Magistrate (x2)